Friday, June 1, 2012

Video Friday!! Finally.


Hello people. It's that time again. Video Friday, which is only observed when it is a Friday, and I am not busy lamenting and therefore in a good mood. Video Friday seems inauthentic when I am cranky.

Anyway, today's awesome video is by a punk pop band called The Shondes, who are actually remarkable enough to have a Wikipedia page. The drummer, Temin Fruchter (once selected as one of The Heeb 100) emailed me early this year about her band. Isn't it so cute that she actually considered Fallen Princess to be a real publicity outlet, worthy of contacting?

That was a clearly a mistake on her part, because it took me from March until now to post her video. Which I actually like! And I admire that she met her band mates protesting at the Republican National Convention in 2004. What is wrong with me?

If you live in Nyack, NY or Brattleboro, VT you can check them out in June.
So nice you got to post it twice.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Adorable!
    Surprisingly, the Wikipedia entry fails to note that the band's name references the Yiddish word "shonda", which means "shame" or "pity " (as in "what a shonde, she was such a nice girl"). I think knowing that adds something to the song and video, don't you?

    ReplyDelete