Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Science Times Persists in Freaking Out Montclair Mom

Today's terrifying article explains the dangers of button batteries, those tiny things in many toys, remote controls, watches, etc. My fight or flight response set in as I read the story of 13-month-old Aidan Truett, who died after ingesting a battery. It burned a hole through his esophagus. His parents and doctors didn't even know he had swallowed it for nine days. I'm sorry, I have to go scrub my house of all button batteries now.

1 comment:

  1. I think these terrible incidents used to be a terrible unforseen tragedy, and now it's SOMEBODY"S FAULT. SOMEBODY who should've known. Does that make us feel more in control in a world that is not more dangerous than it's ever been?